Personal care is an area of authority that can only be covered in a Representation Agreement.
Personal care can include:
- living arrangements (where you live and with whom);
- assessment and planning for support or services;
- arranging and managing support or services;
- managing staff who are paid privately to provide care;
- spiritual matters;
- care of pets;
- personal safety; and
- participation in activities.
You can authorize your representative to assist you with decisions about these matters in the event you need help speaking up for yourself due to the challenges that can come with aging as well as in case of illness, injury or disability. Decisions about these and similar issues can affect your quality-of-life; choose a representative you trust and who knows you.